50 Recent IELTS Exam Essay Questions
It is very important that when you sit down to practice writing IELTS, you only use “sincere” questions. This means using either question from the IELTS Cambridge series, Makkar Task 2, or questions that were created by the exam writer like the ones in my 100 IELTS essay question posts. However, many students love to practice the recent IELTS exam essay questions, that is, topics that have been reported by those who recently passed the exams.
Academic IELTS Essay Questions ( January – April 2021 )
1. Popular hobbies and interests change over time and are a reflection of fashion and trends, not indicators of what people actually want to do in their free time. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
2. Increased production of consumer goods causes damage to the environment. What are the reasons for this and suggest a possible solution?
3. In many nations, the percentage of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend have a more positive or negative effect on society?
4. Today more and more people are using computers and electronic devices to access information. Thus, there is no need to print newspapers, books, or magazines anymore. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Rising oil prices are the best way to deal with rising traffic and pollution problems. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? What other measures do you think can be effective?
7. Some people believe that technology has made our lives more complicated and the solution is to live a simple life without technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. When employers choose the best person for a job they should consider personal qualities, rather than qualifications and experience. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people believe that residents are responsible for keeping the roads clean and others say that it is the responsibility of the government. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
10. Buying things online such as books, flight tickets, and groceries is becoming more and more popular. Do the advantages of such purchases outweigh the disadvantages?
11. The government should pay the cost of the course to everyone who wants to study at the university. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. In the past important knowledge of culture and history was stored in the museums. Nowadays information is freely available on the internet, therefore, is no longer need for museums. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Some believe that schools should reward students who show the best academic results, while others think it is more important to reward students who show progress. Discuss both views and express your own opinion?
15. Nowadays, anyone can post information on the internet, even if it is incorrect. As a result, mostly the information we read is inaccurate. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. Doctors recommend that older people exercise regularly. However, many older people do not exercise enough. What could be the reasons for this? What can be done to encourage them to physical activities?
17. Shopping is now one of the most popular forms of leisure activity for young adults in many countries. Why is this? It is a positive or negative development?
18. In many countries, the proportion of senior citizens is steadily increasing. Does this trend have a more positive or negative impact on society?
19. Nowadays, some senior citizens prefer to live in retirement communities with others rather than living with their adult children. Is it a positive or negative development?
20. Nuclear power is a better option to meet the increasing demand for energy. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
21. The world’s most urgent problem is caused by overpopulation. Do you agree or disagree with the statement?
22. Some people believe that in school, children should be taught to recycle materials and avoid waste. Other people think that this should be taught to children at home. Discuss both views and give your own opinion?
23. Nowadays people buy a lot of things, even if they don’t really need them. Why do you think people buy unwanted things? Is this a positive or negative trend for people and society?
24. Some schools start teaching foreign languages in primary school years. Do the advantages of teaching foreign languages to youngsters outweigh the disadvantages?
25. In many nations, prison is the most common solution for crimes. However, many people think that a better education system is the most effective way for people to prevent further crimes. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
26. Some individuals think that managers should make decisions in the company, while others think that employees should also be involved in the decision-making process too. Discuss both ideas and give your own opinion?
27. Everyone should become vegetarian because they don’t need to eat meat to have a healthy diet. Do you agree or disagree?
28. Some people think it is important to plant more trees in the vacant areas of cities and towns, while others say that housing facilities should be built instead. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
29. Some believe that climate change can negatively affect business. Others think that climate change can create more business opportunities. Discuss both perspectives and give your opinion?
30. Nowadays crime rates are increasing, especially among teenagers. What are the reasons behind this? How can we reverse this trend? What punishment do you think should be used?
General Training IELTS Essay Questions ( January – April 2021 )
1. Today, many mothers take care of the family and do not go to work. Some people believe that the government should pay them their salaries. Do you agree or disagree with the statement?
2. Some people think that parents should limit their children’s time to watch TV and play computer games and encourage them to read books. Do you agree or disagree?
4. The fact that a huge amount of money is paid for works of art is unacceptable at a time when many people around the world live in poverty. Discuss this statement and give your opinion.
5. Nowadays youngsters are less polite and less respectful than in the past. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this issue?
7. Many people believe that all students should do unpaid work in their free time to help the local community. They believe that this will benefit both the individual teenager and society as a whole. Do you agree or disagree?
8. Sugar consumption is too harmful. Some say it is the responsibility of the government to limit the intake of sugar, while others say that it is individuals who are responsible. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
9. Some people think that university education is necessary for everyone where as other people think that it is not necessary for everyone.
10. Nowadays people buy many things that are not relevant to them? Why this is happening? Is this negative or positive development for society and for the individual?
12. Today, thanks to advanced medicine, people are living longer. Because of this, it is predicted that the number of older people will be higher than the number of young people. Do the advantages of the high life expectancy outweigh the disadvantages?
13. Some say that playing sports helps prepare children for future work, others disagree. Discuss both the perspectives and give your opinion.
14. Some people think that the government should spend taxpayer money on cultural events like music or art exhibition. Others think it’s a wastage of money. Discuss both perspectives and give your opinion.
15. In many countries youth are more aggressive and abusive than in the past. Why is this happening? What can be done to improve the situation?
16. Numerous guardians gripe of savagery against their youngsters through computer games, TV programs, and other media networks. For what reason is this occurrence? What could be the answer to this?
17. A fair amount of people, learning in a group is the most crucial method, while others prefer individual learning. Discuss both pros and cons. What is your opinion?
18. The government must implement a tax on junk food to improve the overall health of the citizens. Do you think this action reduces the consumption of junk food?
19. Nowadays the participation in sports is decreasing continuously. What are the major causes of this trend? How to encourage people to participate in sports?
20. Numerous individuals think that it is hard to talk and present before a crowd of people. It is accepted that this should be instructed at school. For what reason is it significant? To what extent do you agree or disagree with the given statement and give your ideas?
This article is taken from https://www.ieltsupdatesandrecentexams.com/2021/05/50-recent-ielts-exam-essay-questions.html. Visit the website for more content like this.