Collocations about Music
- My older brother Alex is very musically gifted (he has a natural talent for music).
- He can play tunes from memory, without looking at sheet music (musical notation written on paper).
- He spends all his free time strumming a guitar (playing a guitar), composing music (creating music), and writing song lyrics (the words to a song).
- Alex and his friends formed a band that has attracted a sizable following (a lot of fans) in our city.
- They started out playing gigs (giving small, informal performances) in bars and clubs, and they used the money they earned to record their debut album (record their first CD).
- A remixed track (a song that has been modified electronically) from that CD then became a massive hit (a very popular song) on the local radio station thanks to its catchy tune (memorable melody) and upbeat tempo (fast rhythm).
- Their second album will be released (it will be made available to the public) at the end of the year; they’ll record it live at their next show. Alex dreams of going on tour – he’s just waiting for his big break (big opportunity to become famous) to get his foot in the door of the music industry.
- As for me, I love singing along (singing together) to my brother’s music, but a career in music isn’t for me – I’m completely tone-deaf (unable to correctly identify different musical notes)
- I always sing off-key (sing the incorrect melody)! Maybe because I hate cult following = a very dedicated/devoted group of fans.