- Good healthcare should be available to everyone for free.
- State healthcare is paid by the government using money from taxes.
- Everyone has access to the same quality of care and treatment.
- Private healthcare is unfair because only wealthy people can afford it.
- The National Health Service in the UK provides free healthcare for every resident. (use this as an example)
Private Healthcare: Advantages
- State hospitals are often very large and difficult to run.
- Private hospitals have shorter waiting lists for operations and appointments.
- Patients can benefit from faster treatment.
- Many people prefer to pay for a more personal service.
- Patients have their own room and more comfortable facilities.