Collocation about Travel
- Last week I had the worst business trip I’ve ever taken.
- Normally a travel agency takes care of booking my flight (buying a plane ticket) and making my hotel reservation, but this time I decided make the travel arrangements
- Big mistake! First of all, the plane was overbooked (there were more passengers than seats available) so I was bumped to a later flight.
- When they gave me my new boarding pass (the ticket that allows you to enter the airplane), they didn’t ask me if I’d prefer a window seat or an aisle seat (a seat next to the corridor) – and I was stuck in the middle.
- To top it off, it was a very bumpy flight (a flight with a lot of turbulence).
- I then missed my connecting flight and had a ten-hour layover (I had to wait ten hours for my next flight) in Chicago.
- Unfortunately, my checked luggage (the bags in the airplane’s cargo compartment) had already gone through to my final destination, so all I had was my carry-on bag (the bag you take with you on the plane).
- I checked into a hotel near the airport just so I could take a nap(Short rest).
- When I finally arrived in Los Angeles, it turns out that I had made a mistake with my hotel reservation, and instead of booking a room at a five-star hotel, I had booked three nights at a seedy hotel (a hotel that is not very safe or comfortable) in the red-light district (an area of the city where there are many sex shops, strip clubs, etc.)!
So I was stuck sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress in a dingy room (a dirty and dark room) while my colleagues enjoyed the luxury hotel.