In the IELTS Reading test, there are several types of questions that ask you to write a word and or a number from the passage.
So how do you approach this kind of question? Here are the steps that I suggest to my students:
1. Read the instructions carefully
These tell you how many words and/or numbers you can use. Underline or highlight the information so that you don’t forget!
2. Read through all the questions
3. Predict what kind of word or words you will be looking for
e.g. a date, an adjective, a name, etc. for each question/space.
4. Use keywords to help you skim the text quickly to find the information
Expect to find synonyms being used in the text so think about what other words might be used.
5. Remember you have to use words from the text rather than your own
6. Read the section of the text where you know the answer is carefully
To see which words will answer the question.
7. Check that your answers make sense grammatically
Good luck to all of you taking your IELTS test in the coming weeks.
This article is taken from https://weloveielts.cambridge.org/blog/finding-the-right-words-from-the-passage. Visit the website for more content like this.