Circle the correct answer. Example: The student…
1.The final destination is
- A is Arabic.
- B is studying Arabic.
- C is studying Hebrew and Arabic.
- D is studying English and Arabic.
2. The student must reach his destination by
- A 12th September.
- B 31st August.
- C 27th September
- D 20th September.
3. The student decides finally to leave on
We moved to alwaysielts, A website for IELTS news from 55+ websites.
- A 21st August. B 20th August.
- C 20th September.
- D 27th August.
4. The student wants to go to PB
5. The student is afraid of
Tick the four pieces of information below which give correct details about the rest of the journey. Then write the answers A-H in Boxes 6-9 on your answer sheet.
A The student is planning to fly from Paris to Vienna. ___
B The student is planning to fly to Athens via Budapest from Vienna.
C The student has not sorted out his visa requirements. _____
D The Vienna leg of the journey will cost £142.80. _____
E The student will spend three days in Athens. _____
F The student wants to go from Piraeus to Alexandria by ferry. ____
G The student wants to fly from Piraeus to Alexandria. _______
H The student wants to travel to Vienna overnight. _____
Complete the blank space below.
10. The booking reference is ———
Circle the correct answer.
17. Regarding the message Voicebox, the number of complaints
- A has gone up and down in recent weeks.
- C has remained static.
- B has gone down.
- D has risen in recent weeks.
18. The praise for the music on the Wake-up show has come
- A only from Australia.
- B only from New Zealand.
- C from all over South-east Asia.
- D from all over Asia.
19. Regarding English Worldwide, the number of listeners
- A has increased ten times.
- B has remained fairly static.
- C has decreased tenfold.
- D will increase in the future.
20. The radio station broadcasts
- A 14 hours per day.
- B 19 hours per day
- C 24 hours per day.
- D 22 hours per day.
Circle the correct letter.
21. Regarding the tutorials, Lorraine …
- A finds them very useful.
- B is hesitant about saying what she thinks.
- C states that they are useless.
- D thinks they could be improved.
- A has two daughters who have been causing her trouble.
- B is a single parent with a daughter in her teens.
- C is an immature student.
- D is a teenager.
23. Farilla feels that…
- A her eldest daughter is to blame for the family problems.
- B her youngest daughter is to blame for her family problems.
- C her husband is to blame for her family problems
- D her taking the course is the cause of her family problems.
24. When he was 16, Stevie took on a job …
- A because he desperately needed the money.
- B for no real reason.
- C to help his mother out.
- D to help his brother.
25. Dr Goldfinch suggests that Farilla should…
- A get her daughters a job.
- B speak to Stevie’s mum.
- C give up the course.
- D explain the situation to her daughters.
Complete the notes below. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS to complete each blank space.
|Stevie’s problem Stevie had to have his_____26_____ready for Friday. However, his computer _____27_____and, unfortunately, he didn’t have a copy on disk, but does have a _____28_____. He has to get his OHPs ready; submit a ____29_____to Dr Johnson; and give in the full paper after the seminar. If he doesn’t do everything on time, he will lose_____30_____.|
Below is a list of steps (A-l), four of which the speaker took in her career. The first step is A. What are the next three steps? Write your answers in the correct order in Boxes 31-33 on your answer sheet.
The speaker mentions four disadvantages to being a music critic. One has been marked for you. Tick the other three disadvantages. Write your answers in Boxes 34-36 on your answer sheet.
- A being pestered by the concert-goers while working
- B being bothered by enthusiastic accountants
- C the loneliness
- D having to deal with people on the telephone
- E the low pay
- F being glamorous
- G meeting uninteresting people
- H writing reviews of concerts within tight time limits
Question 37: Circle the correct letter.
37. As regards travelling, the speaker…
- A enjoys it a little.
- B goes abroad ten times a year.
- C visits other European countries at least ten times a year.
- D goes to Iceland regularly.
Using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each space, complete the blanks below.
38. Michael Ignatieff’s TV series dealt with the__________ .
39. The critic’s job is to foster the talent o f___________ .
40. As people are so unsure of themselves, what a critic says can act as an objective ____.