Part 1 of the IELTS speaking test requires you to speak on different topics. Following are the recent IELTS speaking part 1 questions and topics collection.
It is always better that you practice all these recent IELTS speaking questions before you sit for the test.
Recent IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions and Topics
Important Speaking Part 1 Questions and Topics for 2020
- Wild Animals
- Amusement Parks
- The Countryside
- Borrowing things
- Visiting relatives
- Family Activities
- Reading books
- Rainy days
Recent IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions and Topics(2020)
(Jan – Feb)
|Beautiful Scenery||Science class||Running|
|History||Water Sports||Museums and Art Galleries|
|Pens and Pencils||Spending time alone||Breaks|
- Desserts / Cakes
- Do you like dessert?
- Do you enjoy eating cake?
- How often do you eat cakes?
- Have you ever made a cake?
- Do you like sweet food?
- Are there any sweet foods in your country?
- Do you usually make your friends laugh?
- Are you the person who makes people laugh?
- When was the last time you laughed?
- In what situations people laugh?
- Do you like to make people laugh?
- Do you like watching funny TV shows?
- Do you think it’s important for friends to have the same sense of humour?
- Pens and Pencils
- Do you usually use a pen or a pencil?
- Which do you prefer, a pen or pencil?
- When was the last time you bought a pen or pencil?
- How would you feel if someone gave you a pen as a gift?
- Beautiful Scenery
- Does your hometown have beautiful views?
- Do you like to stay in places with beautiful views when you are traveling?
- How would you feel living in a house with beautiful scenery?
- Do you like taking photos of beautiful scenery with your smartphone?
- Can you suggest why some people use their mobile phone to take pictures of beautiful views?
- Museums and Art Galleries
- Do you like going to museums?
- Have you ever been to an art gallery?
- Are there any paintings on the wall in your bedroom?
- Do you often use numbers to do something?
- Are you good at memorizing numbers?
- What is your favorite number?
- Are you good at numbers?
- Would you like to have a job dealing with numbers?
- When you were a child, did you enjoy learning history?
- Have you ever been to a museum to learn about history?
- Have you ever watched movies related to history?
- When was the last time you read a book about history?
- Do you think history is important?
- Do you like running?
- Where do you usually go (for) running?
- Have you ever run a long-distance?
- Science Class
- Do you like science?
- Did you enjoy learning science in primary or high school?
- Do you think it’s important to study science?
- What kind of science did you do at school?
- Spending time alone
- Do you like to spend time by yourself?
- Do you usually spend time alone?
- What do you usually do when you spend time with yourself?
- What did you do last time when you were alone?
- Water Sports
- Do you like water sports?
- Have you done water sports?
- Would you like to do a water sport?
- Are water sports popular in your country?
- How often do you take a break?
- What do you usually do during a break?
- Why do you need to take a break?
- Do you prefer a long break or a several short breaks?
- Who do you trust most?
- What kind of people do you trust?
- Have you ever lost trust in somebody?
- Do you trust artificial intelligence?
- Have you ever been to any island?
- Are there any island in your country?
- Do you want to live on an island if you have a chance?
- What do you like to do when you are on an island?
- Do you often wear makeup?
- What does wearing makeup mean to you?
- Do you give makeup as a gift?
- What do you think when you see a man wearing makeup?
- Do you eat out a lot?
- Do you eat healthy food?
- How often do you eat with your family?
- Do you prefer eating at home or at a restaurant?
- Amusement Park
- Do you like amusement parks?
- How often do you go to amusement parks?
- What do you usually do at amusement parks?
- Do you like sunshine?
- What do you usually do on sunny days?
- Do you often use sunscreen?
- What kinds of things make you tired?
- What do you do when you feel tired?
- Who do you usually talk to when you feel mentally tired?
- Do you like to talk to strangers when you feel mentally tired?