– What is your full name?
– What should I call you?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you like music?
So far I haven’t met anyone who dislikes listening to music. However, when the workload is too heavy that requires me to stay highly focused, music is a huge distraction. Unlike many people who like listening to instrumental music because it highly benefits for their concentration and study, in my case the music makes me feel instantly sleepy.
Workload (n) the amount of work that person has to do
Distraction (n) something that gets your attention and prevents you from concentrating on something else
To keep updated (v) to follow a celebrity by frequently reading news about them
Bouyed up (adj) feel cheerful
– How often do you use your dictionary?
As an English learner, I use dictionaries to look up new words regularly. Without them, it would be really hard for me to write a complete IELTS essay or understand an English article.
– Do you like paper dictionary or electronic dictionary?
E-dictionary, absolutely. It’s very convenient and portable. I can use my smartphone and look up new words whenever and wherever I want without having to carry a heavy book with me all the time.
– What kinds of dictionaries have you used before?
I’ve used quite a lot of dictionaries; but 3 dictionaries that I make use of the most are Cambridge Dictionary, Collocation dictionary, and Thesaurus dictionary. All of them are absolutely necessary for any English learner, I believe.
Describe your favorite season. You should say:
• What the weather is like
• Why you like this season
• What activities you usually do during this season
• How different kinds of weather in this season affect people
Today, I am going to tell you about my favorite season. Honestly, I love all the seasons but I think my favorite is spring. Usually, it starts at the end of December in our country and lasts till the middle of March.
The weather in my country is the best during spring because you will not suffer from the excessive heat of summer or the freezing wind of winter. The temperature is tolerable both day and night. One of the best things about spring is that, during this poetic season, nature displays itself in beautiful green and flowers are noticed everywhere. Fruit trees are in full blossom, and colorful flowers such as daffodils and marigolds bloom in parks and gardens. The sounds of spring are wonderful too. A typical spring day will begin when some birds start their morning chorus as they look for a mate. We also celebrate New Year, one of the most anticipated holidays by people. This is an occasion for pilgrimages, family reunions and many festivals. Parties full of palatable traditional dishes are the main theme for the whole holiday of New Year Eve.
I am of the opinion that different kinds of weather can affect people’s health. Even among those in the prime of health, an excessively hot or cold day can lead to illness or injury, let alone the elderly, who can be more susceptible to extreme weather conditions. Weather can also make a huge impact on people’s lives. Obviously, the weather dictates what you are going to wear for the day, often depending on the time of year. Also, winter snow storms in Western countries can cancel school or make your morning commute a hassle.
• suffer from: be badly affected by
• excessive: greater than what seems reasonable or appropriate
• tolerable: moderate, acceptable
• in full blossom: with the flowers fully open
• morning chorus: early morning bird songs
• pilgrimage: a journey to a holy place for religious reasons
• in the prime of: in the best, most successful, most productive stage
• susceptible: very likely to be influenced, harmed or affected
• dictate: decide, determine
• hassle: irritating inconvenience
– Do you think people should go on holidays? Is it beneficial?
– Do you think companies would benefit if the employees were to take long holidays?
– Do you think people should spend more on holidays?