2. Pronoun Referencing

Pronoun referencing involves using pronouns to refer back to a subject that has already been mentioned in the same sentence or in a previous sentence. Notice the bold letters in the given letter:-

Dear Jane,

How are you? It was great to hear from you. Thanks so much for inviting me to your birthday party next Saturday. It sounds great, and I’d absolutely love to come there, but unfortunately I’ve already arranged to do some thing else that day.

Do you remember my cousin Victor? He‘s the one who‘s been living in Singapore for the last year. Well, he’s flying in for a visit and I promised I’d show him around. He‘s only going to be in town for the day, so I really can’t get out of it.

I really want to get together, though. How about coffee next week or the week after? I know you‘ve got a lot on your plate at the moment, but I’ll give you a call and we can sort out the details over the phone. Maybe we can check out that new cafe near the library. I hear their coffee is to die for.
Have a great party! Hope to catch up with you soon!

Lots of love,
Mary

If you use pronoun referencing, you improve the cohesion and coherence of your writing because you connect sentences smoothly with each other by not repeating the subject, thereby improving the flow too.

Ad Blocker Detected!

Please disable the ad blocker for this website. >>open Chrome.>>>Go to easy-ielts.com>>>To the left of the web address, click Lock or Info .>>>To the right of "Ads," click the Arrows . >>>Choose Always allow on this site.>>>Reload the webpage.

Refresh