After some bio-metric test you will go into the room where a native or non-native English individual will sit tight for you to begin the talking session, don’t get astonished if s/he doesn’t get energized seeing you, they are prepared for unbiased articulations all through the test.
There are 3 sections to the Speaking Test:
1. Introduction/meet: around 10 inquiries in 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Short introduction: talk for 2 minutes with 1 moment to plan.
3. Discussion: around 5 inquiries in 4 to 5 minutes.
|Part 1 Introduction/ interview||4-5 minutes||After self introduction and identification conformation the examiner will put forth broad inquiries on well-known themes, for example home, family, work, studies and interests. This area should enable you to unwind and talk normally.Eg.
Personal background and information
|Part 2Individual long turn||3-4 minutes||You will be given a task card which asks you to talk about a particular topic, including points to include in your talk.A minute to prepare and make notes shall be provided You will then be asked to talk for 1-2 minutes on the topic.The examiner will then ask you one or two follow up questions on the same topic.
Describe a time when you tried a new food
|Part 3Two-way discussion||4-5 minutes||The examiner will ask you further questions which are connected to the topic of Part 2.Eg
Your scoring is based on four categories known as “Band descriptors,” which IELTS uses to assign Speaking Band scores.
• Fluency and Rationality
- ability to impart sensibly, obviously, and without trouble in English
- focus on the message s/he wishes to pass on as opposed to the language
- how well a speaker’s thoughts bode well together
• Lexical Resource
- ability use words properly (in the correct setting) and precisely (with the right significance)
- can precisely rework the analyst’s inquiries fluidly
• Grammatical Range and Precision
- use a wide scope of linguistic developments fittingly and precisely
- feel for local like cadence or pitch designs
- “effortless” for a local English speaker to get it